Book Title: Teacher Evaluation That Makes a Difference: A New Model for Teacher Growth and Student Achievement
Publisher: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
Author: Robert J. Marzano
In this essential new book, best-selling author and researcher Robert J. Marzano and teacher-effectiveness expert Michael D. Toth lay out a framework for the next generation of teacher evaluation: a model focused primarily on helping educators develop and improve their practice. By taking into account multiple accurate, data-rich measures of teacher performance and student growth, the model ensures that all teachers receive fair, meaningful, and reliable evaluations. The book includes
* Standards, rubrics, and suggested rating methodologies;
* A detailed, five-phase plan for implementing the model;
* Guidelines for calibrating evaluation criteria according to teachers experience levels;
* A step-by-step guide to creating a coaching program for teachers who require intervention; and
* Recommendations for using technology platforms to enable teacher collaboration.
Teacher evaluation has too often focused on affixing ratings to teachers rather than helping them grow into mastery. The practical, field-tested model proposed in Teacher Evaluation That Makes a Difference has everything your school or district needs to provide teachers and, by extension, their students with the support necessary for success.